Process: Infoco 2012-12-17
Summary:Infoco's role is to provide support and learning opportunities to Great Oak's community meeting facilitators, to help make the community meetings as successful and effective as possible.
Background:Last revised 2007
Proposal:STRUCTURE AND EMPOWERMENT: Infoco is a subcommittee of Process. We are made
up of the facilitators for each work season. We are not empowered to make
policy decisions in lieu of the community.
Infoco's role is to provide support and learning opportunities to Great
Oak's community meeting facilitators, to help make the community meetings
as successful and effective as possible. Infoco works with Process
committee on process-related issues and on special events such as the
annual community-building weekend event (currently known as Skills and
A. Infoco's Monthly Planning and Learning Meetings
Infoco's meetings are an opportunity for the facilitators to come together
- assist with the preparation for the upcoming community meeting, sometimes
meeting as a group with presenters to help figure out what kind of process
would be best for an agenda item. The idea is to harness the skills,
enthusiasm, and creativity of facilitators and presenters to bring
proposals forward and deliver them in a way that make meetings flow in the
best possible way.
- provide an arena for facilitators to bounce ideas off of each other.
- have some social time where we get to know each other better and have
- discuss topics to keep learning about facilitation and help others learn.
- reach out to potential new facilitators, encouraging them to come.
- work process-related issues through to solutions, sometimes together with
- work on an annual community building event.
B. Infoco's Community Meeting Debriefs
Infoco debriefs after every regular community meeting are an opportunity
for the faciltators, and for all community members who are interested, to
come together and:
- offer encouragement and feedback to that night's facilitators about a
meeting while it is still fresh in our minds, to help facilitators continue
to build their skills and confidence.
- ask questions about specific points in the meeting and what choices the
facilitator made and why, and what other options might have been considered.
- follow up with any loose threads from the meeting and assign any monkeys
C. The infoco convenor's responsibilities are to:
- collect infoco agenda items.
- announce and convene the infoco meetings.
- ensure that infoco committee meeting minutes are taken and are shared
with the community.
- per the bylaws, the convenor of infoco serves in the titular role of Vice
President of the Great Oak Cohousing Association.
As of: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 01:36:06 +0000